Beginner wants to upgrade music skills from Ejays!

Splitty 19:47 25 Mar 03

Hi all.

Ok, let me start off by saying I'm a complete novice here. But, I have really enjoyed using the Ejay type programmes to muck around & make some tunes.

What I want to do now is upgrade & make 'proper' music. What I want to know is, what do I need?

It will only be keyboard stuff & vocals. I have an old Midi keyboard already, will that do? Is Cubasis VST any good? & what are vst's anyway?
Where do I get sounds from?
Too many other questions to list!!
Any help really appreciated!

Elrond 20:29 25 Mar 03

Cubase VST is one of the top programmes, and I use it a lot for my Uni Music degree. As a novice you may find cubasis a good starting point. Usually around the £30 mark i think. This is like a budget version of the bigger programme which costs a few hundred quid. The cubasis software comes with a good size booklet that wil help you get started and then its up to you and your creativity. I reckon you may be able to import any wav samples that you like from Ejay into your own tunes aswell. All the best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…