Beginner wants to start building websites

YinHoNg 17:58 13 Jun 05

Hiya. For my summer, one of my aims is to learn how to build a website. I've tried to read up on what i could about the fundamentals and getting started, namely, other threads on this forum. After this, i've chosen to try and learn html instead of using a WYSIWYG program such as frontpage or NOS.

Can anyone recommend any good online tutorials for me to learn for a beginner?

My other question is about notepad: do people generally use this or is there a better editor that has syntax highlighting etc that would be good for me?

PurplePenny 18:29 13 Jun 05

W3Schools has good basic tutorials for HTML and CSS; also a "building a website primer" for beginners:

click here

For editing I couldn't do without the colour coding so I use HTML-Kit from Chami. As well as being a free (for personal, non-commercial use) HTML editor it has add-ons for CSS, JavaScript and more for when you feel ready to go beyond HTML:

click here

It also includes HTML Tidy which is recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) for validating and tidying your code and checking it for accessibility.

The W3C site has a lot of useful information (and even more totally mystifying information!)plus very HTML and CSS validators:

click here

Have fun.

conrail 19:38 02 Jul 05

try Serif Web +9, I am almost finished my 1st site and found it so easy; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…