beginner help please

barley08 14:44 04 Apr 15

I just need some advice if possible please? I want a desktop pc to put underneath a tv unit to use for media reasons. I was going to use a hdmi cable to connect to the tv for things like sky go, spotify,general Internet browsing and eventually old game emulater. I was looking to get something for as cheap as possible for short term and was looking at refurbished ones on ebay and was wondering what people's thoughts on this would be? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

bumpkin 14:57 04 Apr 15

Try this company, a few of us have dealt with them click here

barley08 15:06 04 Apr 15

Thanks for the link I will look now. would you say to stay clear of the ones on ebay? They seem a lot cheaper on there?

bumpkin 15:24 04 Apr 15

I use Ebay a lot but you take your chances, if you chose that route then go for one of the bigger sellers with good feedback.

barley08 15:54 04 Apr 15

Iv been thinking of going for this one, would you say it will be ok for what I want it for? Also it will work with just a hdmi cable to go to the tv wouldn't it? I was going to use that as the monitor?......not sure if that's the right term!click here

bumpkin 16:07 04 Apr 15

I bought a refurbished Dell from Ebay a few years back (similar to the one shown) It was fine. You need to read the specs and see if it suits your personal requirements as I can't answer that. Just message the seller if you have anything you need clarified.

barley08 16:12 04 Apr 15

Ok will do. Thank you for your help It's appreciated.

bumpkin 16:23 04 Apr 15

It is Easter as you know so it gives you a few days to look around and wait for any other replies as you probably won't be able to order anything till Tuesday. Good luck.

rtp8™ 14:39 05 Apr 15

The only thing is that these so called Refurbished Dell PCs were not refurbished by Dell though.

Ian in Northampton 16:09 05 Apr 15

Of the ~20 PCs I've bought over the past 10 years or so, only one didn't come from eBay (it was a Medion from Tesco). Touch wood, the only problem I've had with any of them has been a seller who said the XP disk was included, but it wasn't (and eBay settled the dispute in my favour). Perhaps I've been lucky - but I've also been careful (in terms of checking feedback, reading descriptions thoroughly etc.) It can be a great way of acquiring good PCs cheaper than you can get them anywhere else. (Oh, and: only two them were new PCs.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…