Beeps at Startup

ventanas 11:58 17 Oct 11

Acer laptop. When switched on just gives a continuous series of beeps until have to switch it off. Sometimes it will start, but rarely. When it does the touchpad is unresponsive and have to plug a mouse in.

But I don't see that the pad would cause the beeps, I think it's more likely to be memory issues.

It has also started to ask which OS to load (there is only one - Win7)

Grateful any advice.

northumbria61 12:34 17 Oct 11

A boot alarm is the series of beeps that can occur if your laptop is experiencing hardware failure during start up. Normally, your Acer laptop will only beep once during POST. POST is a part of BIOS and loads all the initial systems and hardware your Acer laptop needs to function. You can diagnose the error by listening to the number and frequency of beeps you hear.

Instructions

1 Turn on your computer and listen to the number and pattern of beeps you hear. 2 Write down the sequence and number of beeps you hear during POST. 3 Open your Acer laptop's instruction manual and locate the section named "POST errors." Depending on which motherboard your computer has, you will be able to locate the error by the number of beeps you hear.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:14 17 Oct 11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac