Beeping on windows boot up

llollipoppi 19:39 01 Jun 03

hi when i restart my computer it brings up the win me screen goes to verify dmi pool data and then just beeps constantly and i have restart it again. any ideas?

spikeychris 19:43 01 Jun 03

Check to see if any key is stuck first. BIOS beeps indicate faults in memory, sound.GX cards etc:

click here and see if yours is there.

Chris

BBez 23:35 01 Jun 03

boot into the BIOS then goto your advanced options menu. Look for "view dmi event logs" then select to "mark all events as read". Then look for an option similar to "clear all dmi event logs", exit the BIOS and let PC restart...

wawadave 08:38 02 Jun 03

on some mobo,s constant beep is bad or unseated ram.

llollipoppi 18:56 02 Jun 03

what is bad or unseated ram?

spikeychris 19:11 02 Jun 03

"what is bad or unseated ram?" >> have you installed more RAM? have you moved the machine? is there a chance the RAM has moved?

llollipoppi 08:56 04 Jun 03

i had a new motherboard installed, but i sent it away to get it done a couple of months ago. but not still same memory

llollipoppi 10:45 18 Jun 03

I plugged another machine up to my keyboard monitor etc, and its says stuck key detected, do I basically just need a new keyboard then?

DieSse 10:51 18 Jun 03

Or look carefully for a key that's stuck down, and see if you can pop it up again.

Otherwise, keyboards are not expensive - but get a decent quality one. I use Genius keyboards a lot, and find them low cost and reliable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…