Beeping PC is frigging annoying

oxfo 21:20 15 Sep 05

Weird problem - recently my PC has started to beep from the case speaker (continously at intervals of every second) for no obvious reeson.It does not do this straight away but maybe 15 or 10 mins into using it.If I play a game it can start at the beginning of play or later into it- about 30 mins.I thought it may be something to do with recent problems with a corrupt Registery which I repaired using the Recovery Console (twice) but after the second repair I decided to put all the contents of my main Hard Drive onto my slave drive,make this the master and reformat the first.But when I transferred all the files across and tried the new Master out the beeping started again.Suspecting it may be a temperature problem I moniterd the drive and processor temps when it started and they seem ok - HD is about 34C,Processor(P4 Prescott-3.2Gig)43c,its now got so bad that I have pulled the speaker leads off the Motherboard (I know I should not have as it might be telling me something).Has any had a similar prob or suggest the reason for this?Rest of kit is 1gig of memory/LG dvd drive/Gigabyte GA 1PE1000 Mobd/Creative 24 bit soundcard/NVidia geforce fx5900xt graphics card/2x120mm and 1x80mm case fans.Cheers to all.

Bingalau 21:34 15 Sep 05

Some of us (probably most of us) do not like bad language...Bingalau

Totally-braindead 21:39 15 Sep 05

click here here are the beep codes in case its that, the only other thought I have is try replacing the CMOS battery. You're better buying one from the likes of Boots etc as computer shops can sometimes be quite expensive.

Gongoozler 21:42 15 Sep 05

Continuous beeping is generally caused by faulty memory. Run memtest to see if it finds a problem click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:03 16 Sep 05

This could be a warning that the temperature of your case, graphics card or CPU is getting too high.

Everest Home Edition click here will show you temperatures.

Check CPU and card fans are spinning.

oxfo 15:31 18 Sep 05

Thanks, I pulled out the RAM and re-inserted it one stick at a time and the continuous beeping seemed to follow one particular stick of the four and/or the first DDR slot so I left them out and PC booted up ok! I noticed during boot up the line "Verifying DMI Pool Data - Update success" at each boot up.Since then I have tried the "offending" stick and it now seems to have settled in ok.I'm typing this on the PC I feared the worst for after running all my usual Sunday Anti Virus/Spy ware progs etc. so I'm hoping the problem has been solved. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to help - it really is appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…