Beeping noise coming from p.c

ole1999 08:08 29 Jul 07

Good Morning everybody

The works computer will not boot up and makes a beeping noise it is running windows 98.

This had not been switched on for a few weeks and on friday it just started making the noise and won't boot up, the green light which i assume is just the power stays lit, and the orange light is flashing, baring in mind i can't really answer many questions untill i go back in work tomorrow i am just hoping for any suggestions so i can get it up and running.

I actually work on a golfcourse and this p.c controls the watering system so it is very important i get it sorted.

Thanks in advance

Andsome 08:12 29 Jul 07

Many topics on Google.

click here=

2neat 08:13 29 Jul 07
  Probabilitydrive 08:16 29 Jul 07

Whats the make/OS/mobo of your system?
BIOS beeps indicate a problem. How many beeps, the interval of beeps and other factors point to the cause of the problem.

Extract from click here

"....if a problem is detected before the BIOS initializes the video card, or a video card is not present or not detected then the BIOS will play several 'BEEPS' through the speaker to let you know there is a problem..."

Listen to the beeps and you may identify the cause click here
click here

ole1999 08:30 29 Jul 07

Thanks for the replies guys, some good links there, it is actually a continous beep, and the make of the computer is one i have never even heard of before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017