to beep or not to beep(that is the question)

SLAYER 08:52 16 Jul 06

Morning all,just finished new build and every thing so far has gone well but I noticed that I get no beeps,now I am quite fond of beeps,A pointer to problems,A reassuring sound on power up.Where are they,were they ever there?

Mobo ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE.

Gongoozler 08:59 16 Jul 06

Hi SLAYER. Although I've read that some motherboards don't have a POST beep, I personally haven't come across one. The most likely cause of no beep is that there isn't a connection between the case speaker and the motherboard. Possible causes that immediately come to mind are broken wire or the speaker connector doesn't match the motherboard header pins - possible one is wired for 3 pins and the other for 2 pins. If the motherboard connection is correct, remove the socket from the header and touch a 1.5V battery to the connector. You should get a distinct clicking from the speaker.

SLAYER 10:03 16 Jul 06

Low and behold,no case speaker.Hmmm.

SLAYER 10:07 16 Jul 06

Oops found it in a little bag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…