been using neighbors wifi..

simmo07 13:16 04 Jul 07

through my n95 wlan for free internet. will he know what ive been on? ive also uploaded a pic of myself on a site similiar to myspace, will that be on his pc? What exactly can he see?

Cheers, ave only been using low bandwith why a wait for my pc to be fixed.

A-Nonymous 13:26 04 Jul 07

Hello... thats illegal!

A-Nonymous 13:26 04 Jul 07

You can be arrested for doing that!

Totally-braindead 13:32 04 Jul 07

Thats theft and you're not too smart coming on to an open Forum and admitting it either.

A-Nonymous 13:33 04 Jul 07

Lol :D

simmo07 13:35 04 Jul 07

thought it was ok if he cant be bothered to secure it. like sum cafes and pubs have it. so wud he have what ive been on, on his pc. ive been doing my email and allsorts through his wifi. If he can he knows its me off me pic argh!

Cheers

A-Nonymous 13:37 04 Jul 07

Most public places are OK to use but private networks are illegal to use even if they arent secured even thought technically he will get the blame for not securing the line.

Batch 13:44 04 Jul 07

If he isn't tech savvy, he's unlikely to notice.

Things that would give it away are:

- if you are making heavy use (and so restricting his bandwidth)

- him checking his router's logs. But if he understood enough to do that, he would surely have secured it so that you couldn't steal his bandwidth (yes, as said before it is ILLEGAL and you can be done for it - others have been).

Quiet Life 13:45 04 Jul 07

No. There will be nothing on his PC. you will only slow him down if he is using the internet.

simmo07 13:45 04 Jul 07

so does he know what sites ive been on and my email address and things? get pc fixed soon so wont have to use it again.

Cheers

Smiler 13:45 04 Jul 07

No he won't have any record of what you've been up to but his ISP will as it is all logged against his account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5