becoming an administrator in windows xp

ray27 08:10 17 May 04

I have windows xp home on my computer and when I attempt to download files to my cd burner it informs me that I am not the administrator and I do not have the authority to do this would I like to down load them to my documents.

This is not too much of a hassle but as I am the only one who uses the computer I would like to be the administrator how do I become this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

ray27 08:23 17 May 04

I have just managed to find the page in windows that states that I am the administrator so this cant be the problem

Jakey boy 08:27 17 May 04

You here

Stuartli 08:55 17 May 04

Help and Support in XP details all that is required ragarding Security and Administration - that's why the always very comprehensive Microsoft Help files are provided in all of its applications and programs.

ray27 19:25 17 May 04

Thanks Chaps

I have added the above link to my favorites ,it should be very helpfull.

The problem I appear to have is that although I am logged on as an administrator when I try and download files from the internet to my cd copier it states" you are not an administrator and do not have the authority to do this , do you wish to save to My Documents?
any Ideas on this?
many thanks Ray

ray27 19:33 17 May 04

Hi its me again I have just tried to download stguff to the cd copier and would you believe it it worked OK this time so alls well
many thanks for your advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…