bearbug virus please help

pat2068 20:55 08 May 03

i was looking at the threads and decided to search jdbgmgr.exe i found to files with bear icons i deleted them dont know when i got them as nav dident detect them do i have to do anything else to get rid of them
thanks mary

hugh-265156 21:01 08 May 03

this was not a virus but part of windows and is a well known hoax click here;en-us;322993&

pj123 21:01 08 May 03

jdbgmgr.exe is not a virus which is why virus checkers do not detect it. It was a HOAX.

Check this previous thread.

click here

spikeychris 21:02 08 May 03

Mary, what threads have you been reading? try this one click here

hugh-265156 21:03 08 May 03
  pat2068 21:04 08 May 03

i have deleted the file jdbgmgr.exe will this now make a difference to my comp and will i have to reinstall it thanks

beeuuem 21:08 08 May 03

Don't worry if you have already deleted the Jdbgmgr.exe file, in most cases, you do not need to re-install it. The following quote is extracted from the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, "Virus Hoax: Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java (Jdbgmgr.exe) Is Not a Virus (Q322993)."

"The Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java (Jdbgmgr.exe) is only used by Microsoft Visual
J++ 1.1 developers.

If you follow the e-mail message instructions and delete this file, you do not have to recover it unless you use Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java programs on Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 98, or Windows 95."

pj123 21:10 08 May 03

No, it wont make any difference, if you read the previous thread I pointed out you will see why. You do not need to re-install it

FYI. there is a virus with a similar name but it is called bugbear and not bearbug. It you got to click here and click on "virus information" and then type bugbear into the search box you can read all about it.

pat2068 21:25 08 May 03

huggyg in the click here on the response is where i got the thread if you look in the box it tells you the if you seach and you find a teddy icon in front of jdbgmgr it is the virus and it tells you to delete and not open it i have it in two files with the teddy icon in front of it does the teddy not mean i have the virus thanks mary

Patr100 21:26 08 May 03

You searched the threads ? Did you actually read any of them?

Sion 21:56 08 May 03

Don't you love it when people completely disregard all uses of full stops and commas in their posts?! It makes for some inspired, and nearly un-readable, reading!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…