BBC "watch"

guesswho2 09:28 05 Feb 07

When I click on the Watch video thingy in the BBC web site I see a series of still photos instead of a video. Is that a characteristic of the site or is it a weakness of my computer hardware? I'm running XP, SP2, 1GB RAM, about 2GHz processor.

Stuartli 09:38 05 Feb 07

Are you blocking pop ups?

If so, this needs to be disabled.

Advice on potential problems available at:

click here

guesswho2 09:54 05 Feb 07

Thanks Stuartli. Yet again you've provided the answer! When I went to site it dawned on me that I need to use I.E. and not Firefox. NOW I've got video! You're vere such a helpful fellow!
Many thanks.

Stuartli 11:23 05 Feb 07

I use Firefox for 98 per cent of the time and can readily watch the BBC videos using either WMP (default) or RealPlayer.

There's a pop up blocker in FF as well which can be found from Tools>Options>Content tab.

Stuartli 11:24 05 Feb 07

Just realised that FF's pop up blocker is Enabled, yet doesn't prevent such viewing.

guesswho2 12:18 25 Feb 07

Thanks Stuartli for getting back to me - only just seen it now!
However, I still have to use I.E. to get the video!

Kate B 12:24 25 Feb 07

I have to switch to IE to view BBC video, too. If you use Firefox there's a useful extension called IE Tab which allows you to switch a tab in Firefox to IE without actually firing up IE.

guesswho2 12:52 25 Feb 07

Thanks Kate B, yeah that's what I have to do too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…