BBC Radio and Firefox

javaBalls 08:50 24 Oct 05

I've started using Firefox as my default browser.

However I experience problems when listening to the BBC radio player. I can load it and listen to it but I cannot use the controls i.e. fast forward or volume control.

Can anyone help?

javaBalls 13:25 24 Oct 05

anyone?

bobbybowls 13:28 24 Oct 05

i think it must be the bbc's problem as i use the listen again feature with no problems, but firefox crashed when i tried it now and it's the same as you describe with IE (i can start player but no sound and controls do not work)

€dstowe 13:34 24 Oct 05

Just checked - no problem here with Firefox as default browser.

I might be stating the obvious but you can't fast forward a live broadcast - such as the news as I just had playing. I tried a past episode of The Archers and all the controls worked as they should

splork 13:34 24 Oct 05

Personally I wouldn't worry about it, just use RealAlternative, click here
, or use the IEView Firefox plugin to force BBC pages to load in IE or just use IE for the BBC.

ade.h 18:03 24 Oct 05

I don't use the on-screen player controls, as they have never worked for me. I'm not bothered by the loss, as I've always assumed that they only function with the Realplayer plug-in, which I don't use. I much prefer Jet Audio to Realplayer, so I use the lowest link of the three on the left, that says "listen using stand-alone player".

javaBalls 19:56 24 Oct 05

To Clarify:

I was using the listen again features. It's useful to fast forward by 15 mins at a time or pause.

It worked no problem with IE. But now I've settled with Firefox.

I might just get that extension that allows IE only pages to work in firefox.

And I really hate real player!

splork 20:12 24 Oct 05

With RealAlternative you can get rid of RealPlayer altogether. I'm not sure if Jetaudio needs Realplayer installed in order to decode realaudio.

ade.h 21:20 24 Oct 05

No, it works just fine, with native support for Ram files.

A good tip - if you have quite a few programs that you want to hear from Listen Again, right-click the "....standalone player" link and save them (they're tiny files, so only take a moment) Then you can bunch them all together in a playlist or keep them for later.

splork 21:28 24 Oct 05

Anything to save having to install RealPlayer eh.

bretsky 22:12 24 Oct 05

No problems here, using Firefox, just catching up with the Archers at the moment, all controls working.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…