BBC News

Pesala 21:19 29 Mar 03

I just discovered that one can bookmark the BBC News so that it loads in RealOne Player without even going to the news page. Just copy my link address (right-click on click here) and add it to your bookmarks or favourites folder.

I think it will continue to work after today.

Pesala 18:05 31 Mar 03

The link doesn't change, but opens a blank page. Just one less step to get the latest news.

spikeychris 18:28 31 Mar 03

Pesala I have this ruining on some machines I work with click here it auto-updates and can sit on top or bottom of screen. You have the option of what information you want ie: news, sport, finance.

Chris

Pesala 18:56 31 Mar 03

I tried the program, which will appeal to some, but it does the opposite to my idea. It adds another layer of complexity, instead of removing ne.

I used to have a bookmark to the BBC Home Page, then I wised up, and made a bookmark to take me straight to the News Page. Finally, I realised I could bookmark the News Link itself, which loads the most recent available News Program directly in RealOne Player.

With the ticker tape running one can keep one eye on what is happening while working, then click on a news item that catches one's interest. However, that only takes one to the relevant news page at the BBC. One would have to click again on the video link to watch the news, if there is one.

Blix 19:31 31 Mar 03

Not sure if this is on topic, but for those who want to watch different tv stations, including BBC News 24, MSNBC, Al Jazeera, etc try this...For north america click here for everywhere else click here enjoy. I find the BBC so much more unbaised than CNN.

graham 19:52 31 Mar 03

Thanks, nice toy!

crx16 01:52 05 Apr 03

Pesala, i have bookmarked your link, but at 34kpbs quality was a bit poor.

try here click here its the same link as yours but at 256kbps.(updated 3 times a day)currently showing 10 o'clock news.

or click here for BBCnews24 live at 128kbps

Foolsbane_1 10:23 05 Apr 03

C:\Program Files\WorldTV\WorldTV.html

Foolsbane_1 10:25 05 Apr 03

For those who would rather use their own computer ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…