bbc iplayer sound

bumpkin 08 Apr 12
Answered

Hello everyone, I use iplayer occasionally to catch progs I have missed. I often find that the sound is out of synch with the video which makes it hard to watch comfortably. Probably less than a second delay between sound and lip movement. Sound comes first. May seem trivial but if anyone else has experienced this then they will appreciate how it spoils the viewing. Hope there is an easy solution, any comments or suggestions please.

Thank

Ray

lotvic 08 Apr 12

Try the suggestions on iPlayer message board seems to be the video can't always keep up with the sound

john bunyan 08 Apr 12

This is the BBC test to see how your streaming speed compares with their recommendations. My download was 9.9Mbps, streaming speed 10095kbps (above what is needed) bbc speed test

bumpkin 08 Apr 12
Answer

Hi again, thanks for your replies. Getting speeds Download 7420 Streaming 6970, 4908, 6980. But that is now, I can`t say what it was earlier when I had the problem. iplayer working fine at the moment. From reading your links I would think that this is due to the amount of traffic at the time. Not a serious thing anyway so will mark as closed.

Thanks Ray

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message