BBC iPlayer problems

mickey101 10:59 25 Aug 08

Can somebody please offer me some advise regarding BBC's iPlayer. Some while ago I installed it and everything was fine and I was able to download programmes with their download manager To view later but just recently after not using it for 2 or 3 weeks I was trying to download a programme and it just doesn't happen anymore. I have reinstalled the download manager about 9 times and when it says it's installed I go back to download a programme it keeps displaying a page to tell me how to install it. When I press install I keeping getting a page displayed asking if I want to Repair or Remove.
I have a 1 year old PC using Vista which more than meets all requirements. As a desperate last measure I reinstalled my entire operating system reformatting my hard drive and still nothing. I now am unable to install Sky Anytime/Sky Player just for good measure.

jack 12:11 25 Aug 08

Try downloading the following
click here

click here

mickey101 12:38 25 Aug 08

Hello Jack
I have already installed the K-Lite Codec Pack (Full version) shortly after the system recovery I performed 2 days ago. Perhaps I have to configure it by checking a few boxes. This is the part which is beyond me. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

tullie 14:40 25 Aug 08

Ive got the same problem mickey,havent sorted it yet.

rdave13 16:54 25 Aug 08

Check that kservice (kontiki) is started and set to automatic in services. BBCi player won't work without it unless you only want to stream programs. click here

tullie 17:39 25 Aug 08

my kontiki is running,still no joy,how about you mickey?

mickey101 17:48 25 Aug 08

Hi Tullie,
My problem seems to be getting Kontiki to download from the BBC iPlayer site. On checking my Computer Programme Files a Kontiki file appears which seems to be empty. So no joy as yet and I can't see anywhere else I can download it from.

mickey101 19:00 25 Aug 08

Hi Tullie,
Success at last as I downloaded BBC iPlayer for the 10th time. It took ages then suddenly when I pressed download for 'Britain from Above' a message appeared saying that Windows Media Player requires some additional software to run this application so I clicked yes and everything fell into place. Unfortunately I have no idea what the upgrade was as it didn't say. I notice that I now have the relevant Kontiki files too.
My programme has now successfully downloaded. I hope you get lucky with yours.
I want to thank everybody whose offered their advice to me today.
Regards, Mickey....

rdave13 21:44 25 Aug 08

As kontiki is a P2P program check your firewall allows it. Also check your AV isn't trying to quarantine it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…