BBC iPlayer & Adobve Flash Player

Glen 13:23 19 Jan 11

I have Vista Business and use Mozilla Firefox. When I open iPlayer and start to run a BBC program I get - "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. etc etc. Do you want to abort the script?" If I click Yes nothing runs. If I click No the program opens. Looking in control panel/programs, I seem to have Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX and Adobe Flash Player 10 Plug in. Should I uninstal one or both of these, and then instal the latest version - 10.1.102.64 ?

Glen

northumbria61 14:01 19 Jan 11

Update to the latest version. You shouldn't need to uninstall - download from here click here

Glen 16:03 20 Jan 11

Sorry to say this did not work. I note the same problem on my wife's laptop, so could it be due to the wireless router? She is connected wirelessly and I am connected by ethernet (cable due to distance).
Glen

northumbria61 17:52 20 Jan 11

You could try uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling as it appears this is where your problem lies.

There's also a possibility that you may need to update the device drivers for your graphics/video/display adapter. Go to Device Manager - Display Adapters - right click on your listed Graphics Card - Update Driver Software.

Also the problems you are encountering could be due to a slow Internet connection - but I think you should try Flash Player first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now