BBC I player

GBL 10:34 28 Jun 09

Is there a way to watch BBC I Player in the normal TV through a laptop?? To get a bigger picture and better sound.

bremner 10:35 28 Jun 09

Does your laptop have a graphics out connection and does your TV have a PC in connection?

T I M B O 10:36 28 Jun 09

I'm not sure what you are asking here, do you wish to watch I player via ur lap top, or watch it via ur tv set ??

GBL 10:42 28 Jun 09

The laptop ahs a serial type port connector and so does one of the TV's, which I understand can be used as a PC Monitor. Would need to get the manual out though.

Timbo I want to watch on the TV via the internet connection from laptop.

bremner 10:47 28 Jun 09

It is very straightforward if both devices have the connections. I often view my laptop on my 32" TV as I have d-sub out on the laptop and in on the TV.

GBL 10:50 28 Jun 09

I take it that I need a cable to connect them both via the serial type connection.

GBL 10:56 28 Jun 09

Just had a look at the back of the TV and there is a serial connetion which stated "PC VGA in".

bremner 11:07 28 Jun 09

Yes you will need a connection cable like this click here this is male to male which is what I have. You must check your exact requirement.

dukeboxhero 11:12 28 Jun 09

geoffy if you have a wii games console you can connect it to your wireless router for about £8 a year, You can then watch i player or anything else on the internet.

GBL 11:13 28 Jun 09

No don't possess such a thing.

Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5