BBC Front Page

bluto1 21:36 15 Jul 09

I use BBC as my front page and they frequently have interesting subject matter I can click on to watch and listen to.
However, the speech is intermittent, on for a few seconds and off for a second, and so on.
My query is, do I need any other application on my PC in order to correct this problem?
Many thsnks for help.

woodchip 21:47 15 Jul 09

it sound like you have a slow ISP download,

forgive the sound pun

bluto1 21:54 15 Jul 09

Thanks a million, as I,m in contention with my ISP about exactly that. I,ll leave this running for a while just in case.

bluto1 19:07 16 Jul 09

I'll tick as resolved. The problem is still there but I can fix it with a new ethernet card and drivers.

Forum Editor 19:21 16 Jul 09

is streamed to you; it will be affected by bandwidth issues, and anything in your computer's hardware configuration that might cause a bottleneck.

bluto1 20:50 23 Jul 09

I've just returned to this thread so missed your remarks. Could you amplify the part where you said something in my hardware configuration might cause a bottleneck. I'm either not thinking straight or too dense to figure it out.

woodchip 21:50 23 Jul 09

a slow cpu will make a difference as will slow hard drive but doubt it being a hardware problem

bluto1 22:18 23 Jul 09

CPU 2.26MHz RAM 2 GB/s HDD 80 GB. I still think it's graphics. I updated the drivers for the onboard graphics and am now actively looking for a Low Profile card for my remaining PCI slot.

woodchip 22:22 23 Jul 09

don't think its them but if onboard graphics that may be a problem, my bet is still on you download speed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…