bbc

sms 16:59 10 Jul 03

is there any way to watch bbc1 via your computer

perpetually-perplexed 17:02 10 Jul 03

they got an offer on today for a tv card to watch terristial tv and radio for 30 pounds

or look at somewhre like click here

-pops- 18:33 10 Jul 03

I find that television is always a disappointment when viewed via a computer - as is a computer screen viewed via a televison receiver.

Use each item for the purpose intended is my philosophy, even if it's just from the comfort aspect of being able to watch TV from a comfy chair.

Brian

Steven135 18:47 10 Jul 03

Have to agree with -pops- except for radio, broadband plugs you in to radio from all over the world I also have the Modular Tech PCI Dab radio card which is excellent if you are in a good reception area.

I had a Hauppage TV card but running on an indoor aerial it wasn't up to much.

-pops- 18:52 10 Jul 03

Oh yes, entirely agree with you about radio.

I don't listen all the time with "wallpaper" junk radio running though. A computer approaches an ideal for radio reception not only in quality of sound but variety of programs available. Of course, the "comfort factor" is not quite so important with radio.

Brian

perpetually-perplexed 19:01 10 Jul 03

i didnt know so many good radio program existed till i got a comp. love the radio now

ktheed1 19:13 10 Jul 03

that Broadcasts live feeds of tv channels so people with broadband can watch them from all over the world not nessecarfily sky or cable but the worldwide free channels otherwise i suppose sky and the cable companys wouldnt be too happy

perpetually-perplexed 19:16 10 Jul 03

if you ever find such a site pls let me know.
ill be there every evening.
im so fed up with what we have in this country tv wise

VoG II 19:18 10 Jul 03

Not BBC but ... click here

dfghjkl 19:44 10 Jul 03

try smartstreams

Stuartli 19:46 10 Jul 03

Windows Media Player lists many hundreds of radio stations, offering all types of music, as well as more niche types such as US, fire and ambulance police scanners from various states and cities.

Just click on the station you wish to listen to (reception is geared, in most cases, to dialup) and it will be streamed in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…