BBand recommendations 4 Exchange with BT only?

I have just had the price of my Broadband/phone doubled by pipex (without letting me know!) after many years as a customer. I thought it would be simple to change to a new provider but it isn't because my Phone Exchange has not been unbundled/locked by anybody and so if we go with another ISP provider they have to pay BT to use the exchange (thus all the "free" and "from2 prices do not apply to us!).
So any recommendations for BBand service providers in a non cable non unbundled area? (out of the ark really!!)

Technotiger 09:03 25 Jul 08

Why not get BT as your ISP - I have been with BT Broadband for years and have no complaints at all with their service.

rawprawn 09:03 25 Jul 08

Why not go with BT? I changed from Tiscali about 12 months ago because of poor service and I am delighted. I am on Option 3 up to 8 mb and I get an average og 6 mb

Technotiger 09:05 25 Jul 08

Snap!! LoL

rawprawn 09:18 25 Jul 08

I got that at 7134 kbs :-))

Thanks, I was looking at BT as an obvious option- the disadvantage is that it is an 18 mth contract and obviously if the exchange was unbundled I'd be missing out.
Also I can't find a quote from BT for phone and BBand together, for some reason you have to contact two different depts which is surprising!
It is near the top of my list though- but I have to say I don't really understand the "Vision" part. If I pay the extra £30 for the home hub do I get any TV facilities?

rawprawn 09:57 25 Jul 08

Bt Telephone and BT Broadband are separate, although there is a free telephone with the hub which has a different number to your land line, and is somewhat cheaper to use.
I am on Option 3 click here
I don't know about BT Vision as we can't get Freeview where I live but click here for some info.

rawprawn 09:59 25 Jul 08

PS. The hub and phone come free with option 3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…