B/Band provider wanted.

MeandHer 22:18 15 Oct 08

Hi,
I am absolutely fed up with AOL and thinking of changing broadband provider.
At the moment I am on Aol silver unlimited for £9.99 a month, so I don't want to be paying more really.
I am contracted to Talk Talk on my telephone till next June and can't get the free broadband they offer with them at the moment.
If I have broadband with them I have to pay a lot more than for AOL.
So I can't do any deals that include telephone calls.
Can anyone recommend any B/Band providers.
Thanks.

RobCharles1981 22:29 15 Oct 08

Hi

I don't blame you for being fed up with AOL I left them back last April currently with Falconnet well not for long they had gone down the pan as they are selling up.

So I'm now in the process of moving to ADSL24.

"so I don't want to be paying more really"

If you pay more you get a far better and decent service.

A Couple of questions Id like for starts.

1. Do you have a Router and if so what Make is it?
I will point you in the direction of your line stats so I can see what speed you should be getting.

2. Fill in the blanks and sam knows, he will tell you what LLU is available and your exchange.

click here

Post back for further assistance.

T I M B O 22:35 15 Oct 08

AOL=always off line lol.

Depending on ur location or if you have cable as apposed to a telephone line, but take a look at these >> click here

T I M B O 22:40 15 Oct 08

To check what you can get to ur home >> click here

MeandHer 22:57 15 Oct 08

Hi RobTheOrganGuru

Thanks for your reply.
Only have the BT VOYAGER 105 that i got when i joined AOL.
Telephone exchange is Boston Lincolnshire.

RobCharles1981 23:02 15 Oct 08

Follow the info in yellow

click here

Goto click here and enter your BT Number and Post Code and post the results of that search.

MarvintheAndroid 23:04 15 Oct 08

I have been very impressed with f2s since I ditched Virgin. Also (depending on what options you chose) you can select a package with only a 3 month minimum term - or possibly even no minimum term (as mine was) - so no hassle to try them out. However they are a bit dearer than £ 9.99, the Lite package (10GB limit) is £ 13.99

click here

Marv

MeandHer 23:06 15 Oct 08

Hi rob.

Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
However, there is another service on your phone line (e.g. ADSL, LLU, DACS, etc) that would prevent you from ordering a new ADSL connection.

The following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale SDSL
Orange LLU (Formerly Wanadoo)
OnLincolnshire Broadband

RobCharles1981 23:10 15 Oct 08

Marv

F2F from what I see is not the best ISP as rated 15th and not very good comments about them on DSLZoneuk it would be best if MeandHer is unable to get any LLU where he lives as from the DSLzone ratings click here# the top 5 rated ISP's is something to be going on with!

RobCharles1981 23:13 15 Oct 08

MeandHer

Not much to go on with there I wouldn't touch Orange with a barge pole if I was you. (full stop)

Can you post your full line stats please?

click here

BT
Voyager 100
Voyager 105 In the system tray you should have a little icon with two arrows (usually green). Double click this icon and it will open up the BT Voyager control panel.

Click on the Status button and then press CTRL + F1 on the keyboard to bring up a window on the left.

Click the DSL Link button to display your stats.

MeandHer 23:24 15 Oct 08

ROB,
Is this what you mean ?
State Data
Modulation G.DMT
Rx Data Rate 3744 Kbps
TX Data Rate 448 Kbps

Got to sign off now will be back tomorrow if you need anything else.
Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…