B.Band messages get filtered to O.Express - Why ?

Furkin 22:15 28 May 07

Hi all,
I have another niggly problem that has just started.
I use BT Broadband. I also run Outlook Express. I use my old O.E addressbook & e-mail accounts etc & have set them up to use within BT.
I can write messages & send from O.E (At one point I could receive O.E stuff in BT,,,, but for some reason, I can't get that to happen now - BT is no help either)
My current niggle is that recently the mails addressed to BTInternet, have been filtered through to my O.Express page. I would prefer this not to happen.
Any idea what I might have done wrong please ?

((sorry this is duplicated - previous posting title didn't look good ! Admin feel free to delete it - thanks))

Cheers for now.

p;3 22:37 28 May 07

what do YOU mean by

'My current niggle is that recently the mails addressed to BTInternet, have been filtered through to my O.Express page'

what page, where?

lotvic 22:50 28 May 07

Furkin do you know the difference? between

your ISP - BT

your connection to the internet - Broadband

your Webmail on the internet viewed via your browser - Internet Explorer or Firefox (or other)

email client on your pc used to collect your email - Outlook Express

You seem to have them all confused, please correct me if you do know the differences between them.
If you don't know then please say so and it can be explained.

We will all be able to help you sort your problem out then.

Furkin 16:28 30 May 07

I'm so sorry.
I originally used Outlook Express & had accounts with V21 (never again) & Supanet.
Last year I went B.Band, with BT.
I still use my O.E accounts as well & have set up the BT account to access/send/receive O.E messages.
This was fine until recently, when a couple of messages addressed to my BT address came up in my O.E 'Inbox'.

I hope this explains things a little better.

thanks for reading.

p;3 17:01 30 May 07

'This was fine until recently, when a couple of messages addressed to my BT address came up in my O.E 'Inbox'.'

sorry but I for one ,whom am on BT, am not yet grasping what the problem is?

Furkin 17:31 30 May 07

Thanks p:3,
If someone sends me an e-mail to [email protected],,, I only want to see it in the BT Inbox.

I don't want it popping up in my O.Express inbox instead.

cheers

p;3 17:35 30 May 07

I am with BT; my mail is on server until I request it downloaded to my comp via my OE; is YOUR oe programmed to download instantly? and to wipe mails OFF server once done so

mail can only get TO your oe when you download it

lotvic 22:49 30 May 07

Open Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts > Mail > highlight the BT account and click on Properties > General Tab -and take the tick out of the box 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing' Click on 'Apply' click on 'OK'

That should stop OE collecting your mail for your BT account

Furkin 08:27 31 May 07

P:3: thanks -
1/ my OE is set to download automatically
2/ it is also set to remove messages from the server hub.

LOTVIC: thanks -
that sounded dead right,,,,, whilst my main BT account isn't in the OE list,,, one of the secondary ones is.
I have unticked "include,,,,,,," in the secodary details & sent myself an 'e' to the main BT address,,, so far so good.
It has appeared in the BT system only,,, not in O.E !

If none of my BT messages pop up in O.E in the next few hours, I will click 'resolved'.

many thanks guys

p;3 16:45 31 May 07

I think your respose at 0827 may be the answer; let OE instead leave a copy of mail on server

but curious now to know why you wish TO leave a copy on there once the mail is in oe??::)))))

lotvic 23:17 31 May 07

if furkin doesn't want his BT mail on his comp in OE then that's his/her business and we have to respect that and he/she doesn't need to explain why to us.

:))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…