BB price +VAT?

Kegsy 14:27 05 Dec 03

Do most BB providers include VAT when quoting their prices?

As far as I am aware, the quotes are for Direct Debits and do not attract VAT. I have heard of Pay As You Go broadband, but don't know if VAT applies or not, as it is often added to call charges.

Kegsy 14:44 05 Dec 03

Thanks Graham, I was about to sign up for BB with my present dial up provider when I suddenly realised that there was VAT on top of the price they quoted, hence the question

Djohn 14:52 05 Dec 03

Some ISP's include the VAT charge in their pricing, others will give you the price + VAT. It is always clearly stated on their pricing menu though.

To the best of my knowledge all the ISP's in the UK charge VAT at 17.5% the only exception to this is AOL, they are exempt by having their headquarters and service running from outside the UK. This is about to change though and AOL will have to pay VAT. It's not yet clear if they will absorb this or pass it on to their customers. j.

I cut to the chase by going to the big cheese first click here

No mention of VAT! :-)

Djohn 15:00 05 Dec 03

[email protected]@m, second box down, [Getting the equipment] £40.00 Inc. VAT :o(

More info, all ISPs now pay VAT. click here

So Djohn is right in that you will have to check with an ISP before signing up, to see if it is included in the price. BT do not make it clear, so we must assume it is included.

SEASHANTY 15:36 05 Dec 03

NTL 600k BB costs £24-99 per month. That is the price they quoted when I agreed to it and that is the price they collect by Direct Debit around the 12th of each month. It therefore includes the vat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…