BB but no phone!

anskyber 09:27 16 Nov 05

Not really a help issue so please do not shoot me for this but I am curious to hear if anyone out there has knowledge of this problem. My phone went off 2 weeks ago, did the usual tests including putting a new working phone in. Still no good, BT naturally have still not fixed it!! Another story, so do not get me going on that point. The issue is that in the last day although the phone is still off I have BB back! Any ideas?

anskyber 09:31 16 Nov 05

Should have also said that the service is intermittent

amonra 10:28 16 Nov 05

BT line fault, unusual but a known problem. My phone line is very unreliable due to a bad connection somewhere and produces a wide variety of "fault" symptoms. It's very difficult to get the BT helpline staff to recognise that it is a fault. Keep pressurising them !

sinbad1 10:37 16 Nov 05

click here way forward

Chegs ® 10:48 16 Nov 05

I had repeated issues with BT switching off my phone then insisting there was no fault or asking us to pay unpaid bills before they would return my phone,despite us having receipts to show we owed nothing.Throughout these periods of no-phone,my ADSL still worked(until BT switched the line off as their records showed it wasn't inuse)When I was with Pipex,they demanded £50 reconnection fee before they would reinstate my BB,but as their service had been crap,I chose to switch to a new ISP.This ISP was fantastic,waiving the reconnection fee on hearing our troubles with BT and often arguing with BT on our behalf.

anskyber 10:54 16 Nov 05

Chegs ®
Thanks for that! It seems to be a peculiarity of the telecoms service. sinbad1 view of the future has got to be exciting and allow me finally to wish BT a happy [!] funeral!

Chegs ® 11:20 16 Nov 05

Not wishing to pour water on your enthusiasm,but sinbad1's URL is dated Jun2004. ;-)

anskyber 11:27 16 Nov 05

Chegs ®
Hmm, yes the monopoly will last a little longer. the BT bods who I did speak to after I think 8 menus and sub menus when calling them on my mobile to get updated on the report were , well at best "take it or leave it". Customer service is just a tea and sympathy port with no power to do anything at all. One day technology will overtake them and they will be left high and dry without any customers [I hope!] Still no phone by the way.

Chegs ® 11:34 16 Nov 05

I switched my phone provision to the same as my ISP to escape the constant BT switch-offs.I know the lines and rental still go to BT,but since the switch,we've never had any repeat of the phone going off.

anskyber 11:46 16 Nov 05

Thanks all

sinbad1 16:04 16 Nov 05

I allready you mains adaptor for 2m line

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced