BB keeps dropping connection

memobli 19:50 04 Feb 07

Hi all, plse be gentle with me....lol

i have a 4MB cable connection at home, which is connected to two desktops via a phillips SNB5600 router and NTL's '250' modem, my problem is that when i use "utorrent" to download anything the other computer cant access the internet at all or very slowly, i have set my upload speed to 1/2 0f the up speed which is 80% of actual up speed, and download speed is set using the same calculations. Do i need to set up a proper network to allow the other pc to be able to use the internet fo online gaming or is it because we just let the router do all of thr routing of speeds?

sorry if this does not make sense, but it seemed best way to explain things

thanks for any help

martin

SANTOS7 20:43 04 Feb 07

click here

This may help, if you scroll down you will see tweaks for router,good luck..

memobli 21:22 04 Feb 07

hi santos7, sorry its not my speed thats a problem when i'm d/ling torrents. it's the other computer at home that keeps losing connection / slowing to a crawl when i'm using torrents

martin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…