BB connection dropping, or is it??

Taw® 09:18 25 Mar 06

I have 1MB BB and connect through Pipex. Over the past few months the connection appears to drop randomly. Only thing is if I select connect, all connects well icons appear on taskbar, however the browser gives the page not found, check connections etc. If I click the connection icon the packets sent shows activity i.e increasing but the packets receieved thoug showing activity is extremely slow. I use sygate and have disabled this so it is not the firewall. I have disconnected, logged out and in connected but receive the same result. Only way is to reboot the computer, where all goes well for random periods of time

howard63 11:34 25 Mar 06

this is often a sign of a poor connection from your phone to the pc. It is worth taking all connections out and putting them in again. Include filters etc. If you more than 1 filter try swapping them over. Once a connection breaks even for a millisecond the system may not realise it is broken and remake it. The reboot is the only way.

Taw® 16:22 25 Mar 06

will give that a go as a start howard63

Taw® 20:40 25 Apr 06

I had installed Ask. com desk top at around the same time. I uninstalled it and problem has gone away. Coinidence or not I don't know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos