b/b connection

pat2068 20:35 10 Dec 05

could anyone please tell me if there is a way of getting my adsl modem to start when i start up my computer it is bt voyager 100 thanks leo

woodchip 21:32 10 Dec 05

Do you have a Cap on downloads?

woodchip 21:39 10 Dec 05

Your user guide click here on the right

Stuartli 22:45 10 Dec 05

In the Connections tab in OE's configration, have you Enabled Always Dial My Default Connection (your default connection being, of course, your ISP)?

pat2068 22:55 10 Dec 05

there was a post which i cannot find now about draging the dial up box into your startup file but i cant find the post and i cant remember how to do it thanks leo

rods 23:07 10 Dec 05

I have the same broadband modem, howd you mean to start up?

The program for the modem is BT Voyager..under start menu/programs/BT Voyager. Once opened this will show a Green UP DOWN near the time on your desktop to show your connected.

Make sure your "MSCONFIG" is ticked for the BT tab

pat2068 23:17 10 Dec 05

what i would like it to do is connect to the internet when i start my computer instead of having to dial all the time thanks leo

Boarder 04:14 11 Dec 05

Just a wild stab, but you could try and put internet explorer in yer startup folder, comp would try to load IE on booting and you would automatically dial up.

Stuartli 11:43 11 Dec 05

If you do as I suggested (i.e. Always Dial My Default Connection), if you open your browser or mail program, your BB connection should automatically be made.

Graham ® 13:09 11 Dec 05

I don't think it would work, it certainly wouldn't connect at the first attempt as the modem would need time to sync.

woodchip 13:53 11 Dec 05

On my router there is a setting for always on or just when needed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…