b/b connection

pat2068 20:35 10 Dec 05

could anyone please tell me if there is a way of getting my adsl modem to start when i start up my computer it is bt voyager 100 thanks leo

woodchip 21:32 10 Dec 05

Do you have a Cap on downloads?

woodchip 21:39 10 Dec 05

Your user guide click here on the right

Stuartli 22:45 10 Dec 05

In the Connections tab in OE's configration, have you Enabled Always Dial My Default Connection (your default connection being, of course, your ISP)?

pat2068 22:55 10 Dec 05

there was a post which i cannot find now about draging the dial up box into your startup file but i cant find the post and i cant remember how to do it thanks leo

rods 23:07 10 Dec 05

I have the same broadband modem, howd you mean to start up?

The program for the modem is BT Voyager..under start menu/programs/BT Voyager. Once opened this will show a Green UP DOWN near the time on your desktop to show your connected.

Make sure your "MSCONFIG" is ticked for the BT tab

pat2068 23:17 10 Dec 05

what i would like it to do is connect to the internet when i start my computer instead of having to dial all the time thanks leo

Boarder 04:14 11 Dec 05

Just a wild stab, but you could try and put internet explorer in yer startup folder, comp would try to load IE on booting and you would automatically dial up.

Stuartli 11:43 11 Dec 05

If you do as I suggested (i.e. Always Dial My Default Connection), if you open your browser or mail program, your BB connection should automatically be made.

Graham ® 13:09 11 Dec 05

I don't think it would work, it certainly wouldn't connect at the first attempt as the modem would need time to sync.

woodchip 13:53 11 Dec 05

On my router there is a setting for always on or just when needed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…