Battlefield 2 & Ati CCC issues etc with New PC

NikWest 11:12 10 Mar 09

Hello,FYI before I start...
My newly built PC Spec is as follows: PhenomII940(oc3.81ghz), Asus m3-a32 mvp deluxe, Palit oc HD4870 1gb x 2 crossfire, 8gb OCZ platinum PC-6400 DDR2, Coolermaster V8 Ultimate cooler, antec 1000w truepower quattro, 3x500gb sataII HD, Antec 900 case. Vista 64 Ultimate OS.

I have the very latest bios for the mobo, 9.2 cataylst for Ati and all latest updates and drivers.

My problem is that I cannot load up Ati CCC whereas with 8.12 I had no probs. Neither can I play the likes of BF2 or Crysis...which I couldn't even do with 8.12 installed. I can play other games like COD5 WaW no probs, GTAIV etc.

The games start to load then the screen goes black and then returns to the desktop.

This PC is played through my LCD TV Samsung 40", which can display 1920 x 1080 at 30Hz refresh rate.

I have tried going into the video file for BF2 and manually changing the refresh rate to 30Hz but this does not stop this issue.

I'm not sure if I am having conflicting hardware issues or software, but I am struggling to know where to start really without re-installing the OS.

Any suggestions or advice would be gladly welcome.
Thanks.

Graphicool1 14:54 10 Mar 09

Hi Nik

I think your problem could be Sound Card related. I just had to update the drivers on my Creative Audigy Sound Blaster Platinum ex HD. In the blurb regarding the driver's 'Fix's' were these...

Resolves issues of intermittent and random application/system crash when playing games or running applications that use EAX®, DirectSound®, OpenAL and/or ASIO features.
Resolves issue of system crash when running DTM - Device Path Exerciser test in Windows Vista 64-bit.
Resolves issue of volume mapping leading to very soft volume level in systems using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1.
Resolves issue with distortion and noise occuring in systems with 4 GB of RAM or greater.
Resolves issue with OpenAL playback of multichannel formats.
Resolves issue of system crash when performing immediate system shutdown after exiting Battlefield 2.
Optimizations to OpenAL to improve performance in Unreal Tournament 3, DiRT, and other games.

Notice the mention of 'Battlefield 2'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…