battlefield 2

sebtiger 18:44 16 Jan 06

I recently bought battlefield 2 on the internet, and am now waiting for it to come! But I looked at a website containing information on the game and found a list of suitable graphics cards. However, mine was not on their list! I have a 256MB X800GT Radeon and am getting quite worried!

Please Help!

Thanks

Jackcoms 18:53 16 Jan 06

My answer's simple (as Forum members will know from my previous posts about games).

Use your PC for something useful, rather than games, and you won't have to worry about your graphics card.

hzhzhz 18:58 16 Jan 06

Is my graphics card supported?
The following list of graphics cards are officially supported to play Battlefield 2. If you card is not listed you may still be able to play but in an usupported fashion - meaning that if you encounter problems with the game using your card tech support will be unable to help.
NVIDIA GeForceFX 5700/5900/5950 series
GeForce 6800/6800 GT/6800 Ultra
GeForce 5800 series (AGP)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
ATI Radeon X300 series
ATI Radeon 8500/9500/9700/9600/9800 series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon X800 PRO/X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X600/X700 (PCIe).

IClaudio 19:12 16 Jan 06

you may not like games (your loss) but let others enjoy them, why do you think your POV is of such importance?

Sebtiger, your card will be fine: BF2 is a great game and you'll meet some very friendly people in-game. Head over to click here and join a good bunch of laid-back, mature adults who don't mind wasting a few hours having a laugh!

Jackcoms 19:25 16 Jan 06

"why do you think your POV is of such importance?"

EVERYONE'S point of view is important in this Forum.

hzhzhz 19:33 16 Jan 06

Speakers' corner

Do you have a bee in your bonnet about something loosely connected with computers or computing, or anything that makes the digital world tick?

IClaudio 19:37 16 Jan 06

I headed back here to amend my ill-judged statement, only to find that you'd already replied :(

Of couse, everyone's view is important, and you are, of course, entitled to yours. What I should have said was: '...not important to Sebtiger, who is asking how he can play a game, not whether he should be...'

gudgulf 19:39 16 Jan 06

Nevertheless to say what you did,on it's own with no other constructive advice does make me wonder why you posted too.

You are of course quite entitled to your opinion and everyones opinion does indeed count.....but an opinion is not an answer to a specifically asked question.

For what it's worth my own is that gaming is one of the few things that actually tax the processing power of a modern pc.My pc also folds proteins as part of the Stanford University [email protected] project and is actually doing what computers were designed for....crunching mathematical equations.

sebtiger........as part of the x800 range of cards you will have no problems of compatibility....just find the best settings for the card and enjoy the game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5