Battlefield 1942 CD's Cracking...

davebloke 09:29 02 Jul 03

Hi people...
Recently both my battlefield 1942 (EA games) CD's formed cracks from the center out, making them both un-playable (there needed to load the game)

A friend has told me that he has heard of this problem before with 1942 CD's Had anyone here had the same problem?

I wrote to EA and they said there "user-damaged" and want to charge £15 + postage to replace them :(

Jester2K II 09:33 02 Jul 03

Happens with all sorted of CD. Use it any longer and it may well shatter / explode / burst in your CD drive.

I would press EA to prove they are "user damaged" (esp if they haven't inspected the CD) as i thought it only cost £3 to replace a genuine CD with EA.

davebloke 09:43 02 Jul 03

well i cant use them so there will be no exploding in my drive! :)

EA said:
"Electronic Arts will replace user-damaged media, current stocks allowing. The original media needs to be returned with a cheque, Eurocheque or postal order for £7.50 per CD (for PC titles) or £10.00 per CD (for console titles), made payable to Electronic Arts Ltd. Therefore if you would like both disks replaced then please send in a cheque for £15."

Just looking for people in the same boat to see what they did

Jester2K II 09:51 02 Jul 03

Strewth - £15 is a bit strong - esp if are returning the original!!

Exploding CDs

click here

click here

click here

davebloke 10:09 02 Jul 03

hehehehhe mine is 48x but not had any problems with any of my other game CD's :S

are the CD's?

snoresloudly 11:43 02 Jul 03

had the very same problem a while back with the red alert yuri disc, the cd cracked from the middle, spoke to ea and got the same answer, was a bit miffed that had to in effect pay twice for the same game. Now i make copies of all my cds for backup purposes so that if this happens again at least i will not have to pay again

davebloke 11:47 02 Jul 03

there not too old.. not as old as some of my still working CD's

you can make copies? does a copied CD work? thought there was soem sort of protection on them?

If thats the case then i could get a copy of the game, i have paid for the serial number! :D

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:47 02 Jul 03

Would the shop you got them from replace them ? if they not that old that is.

Regards

snoresloudly 12:58 02 Jul 03

yeh the copied ones do work although you need to use clone cd, I am not for one minute though condoning your comment of "If thats the case then i could get a copy of the game, i have paid for the serial number! :D" the copies that i have are from my own. It would of course be not right to get a copy from your mate!!!!!

davebloke 13:13 02 Jul 03

sure thing. but the cost of the game is for the serial/licence not the physical media.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now