Battlefield 1942

I purchased a copy of this game last year but returned it due to the well documented problems.

Since then, I have upgraded my PC to an AMD XP 2000+, 512MB RAM and Sapphire Radeon 9700 graphics card but I understand that even with these specs, the game can still take ages to load and put a strain on system resources.

I believe that there is a patch available (1.31) which is supposed to overcome performance problems but I would welcome any input from those who have the game with the latest patch installed.

bigdamouk 07:11 22 Mar 03

Since the closure of the gamesroom a few months back there are not may gamers left on this site.

Most of the Ex-Gamesroom squad are over at this forum click here if you click on 'The Games Zone' section you will see a whole array of questions and answers regarding Battlefield 1942

Regards
Damo

AMD 4 ever 07:39 22 Mar 03

I'm still here...lol
I had probs with this game on a friends macine.
It didn't help with the fact he hd onboard VGA, but the game dos have some serious faults, as do a lot of PC games. Look for a update/patch on their website. I did this and installed the latest patch and it did improve things but not as good as MOH!!

Thanks for the link, bigdamouk. Had a quick look and it seems that the patch improves things but not to a huge degree.

Should I decide to buy BF42, I will purchase it from Game then at least I can return it should I encounter any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…