Battery problem on my Acer Laptop.

itsDragz 22:27 PM 26 Jun 12

I have an Acer Aspire 5551 Series Laptop (about 1year and a half old). The problem is that the battery only charges when the charger is in a certain position. Then when it does charge, it only charges up to 12% max.

I have recently got it back from a KNOWHOW repair from PC World and they replaced the charge slot and gave me a brand new cable but the problem still persists.

I wanted to know if it is as simple as replacing the battery to stop the problem.

(I know its not the new charge because my gf's laptop is the same and her charger in my laptop creates the same problem).

spuds 09:51 AM 27 Jun 12

I think the answer is " I have recently got it back from a KNOWHOW repair from PC World".

If its still not working correctly, then you should be consulting them, and not making attempts of correcting any possible problems yourself. Changing a battery doesn't come cheaply, especially if it doesn't resolve the problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:19 PM 28 Jun 12

This sounds more like a bad power socket or power board in the laptop take it back and tell them to fix it properly this time.

//adz_w/// 10:25 AM 29 Jun 12

ive had this problem a few times, it is the batetry so shoudl solve the problem.

//adz_w/// 10:27 AM 29 Jun 12

ive had this problem a few times, it is the battery so shoudl solve the problem.

birdface 11:00 AM 29 Jun 12

[my gf's laptop is the same and her charger in my laptop creates the same problem).]

If your girlfriend has the same laptop why not try her battery on your Laptop and if it charges it must be a battery problem.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay