battery not charging

HRP1924 16:06 24 Feb 10

I havlaptope a lenovo R61i,today was using it when it was time to recharge I plugged in it says plugged in battery not charging,h
ave tried different socket same thing ...says battery quality is good (should be hardly used) have tried trouble shotting but nothing applies ,any help would be gratefully recieved
thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 24 Feb 10

Laptop Battery not showing Charging
1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.
Should now show 100% charged. This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it and the reason it showed not charging was because it was fully charged.

woodchip 20:48 24 Feb 10

Try ruining Laptop just with charger no battery. If it runs the battery needs replacing

oldbeefer3 09:28 25 Feb 10

"try ruining" ! :-)

woodchip 09:33 25 Feb 10

If you like,

Nothing like big fingers that press more than one key at a time. note keys are next to each other

johnmathew395 09:35 25 Feb 10

How old is your click here laptop? The performance of batteries, especially if not cared for correctly, can degrade fairly quickly. You probably will have seen, before this happened, that the battery would only charge up to 90% then stop. Then it might only reach 80%, 70%, etc. until eventually it won't hold any charge. That process can take anything from a couple of months to a few years, but is obviously worse the older the battery is.

If that is what has happened then your only choice is to buy a new battery. Depending on the age of your laptop, a new battery may well cost more than what the laptop is worth, so you might be better off buying a new laptop

oldbeefer3 08:58 26 Feb 10

tekk me about it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…