Battery life in Wireless Mouse

heavymetalkid 23:37 18 Apr 06

I purchased a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse in December 2005, began to use it then with new Duracell batteries in the mouse.Although I'm not a heavy user my mouse froze on screen today and when I checked I discovered the batteries were dead. It's not as if I use the mouse for extended periods and I expected the batteries to run for at least until the end of the year. I've had things like clocks where the batteries seem to last for ever.Anyone got any opinions?

driving man 00:05 19 Apr 06

have a Belkin that eats batteries. Therefor I have been to a high st. shop called Poundland where they sell a pack of rechargeable AA batteries (4) for £1. I bought quite a few packs and always have some charged

RobCharles1981 00:11 19 Apr 06

I have the Microsoft Wireless keyboard 1.0A and the wireless mouse, I have too say thse eats batterys like watter, I might want too get a better one

rdave13 00:14 19 Apr 06

Throw away the mouse and buy a ps/2 mouse from Asda for under £2.50

heavymetalkid 00:22 19 Apr 06

Thanks people....Rdave, tell me more about the Asda mouse.

rdave13 00:40 19 Apr 06

Classic scroll mouse.PS/2 connection. Plug and play. Two button mouse with scroll wheel.Customer careline:08457 573 479.(local rate). click here

GRFT 06:47 19 Apr 06

They aren't all that bad. I've had an A4 Tech wireless mouse for years and get around six month's use with a pair of rechargeable AAAs.

david889 07:01 19 Apr 06

ahhh its all birded up!!!!

ruskle 08:35 19 Apr 06

I use a Packard Bell wireless mouse with my laptop, it is a lot smaller thank your average mouse and fits in my case easier. The batteries last quite a while but the best feature is the ability to plug the charging cord into the USB port and carry on working while it is charging.
The model number is PB-MW01, product code 155858. I think it cost me around £14.99 at the infamous PCW.

Best of luck.
Russell.

anchor 09:11 19 Apr 06

I have a Microsoft Optical Wireless mouse which uses 2 AAA batteries. I have 2 pairs of AAA rechargeables bought from 7dayshop, and each set lasts for at least 3 months before I need to change them.

Duracell should last longer.

heavymetalkid 10:27 19 Apr 06

Sorry for my silliness Rdave, this Asda mouse, is it wireless? Could I just put it down next to my machine and begin using it? Dare I ask too, what's so special about it? David 889...what's "all birded up?"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…