Battery indicator on laptop

speedbird_zero1 12:09 12 Feb 06

For some reason i don't seem to have my battery level indicator on my laptop. It used to be there telling me how much life i had left, but it has gone....Any ideas where this fella' lives?
Thanks Mike
Sorry, running XP

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:22 12 Feb 06

Laptop make, model, operating system?

speedbird_zero1 12:34 12 Feb 06

Sorry, Compaq Evo 1015v, Win XP

Lokit 09:05 13 Feb 06

If you go to...

Control Panel/Power Options/Advanced

...there is an option to "Always show icon on taskbar".

If you tick this then battery icon will appear next to clock which replaces the mains power icon when on battery power.

speedbird_zero1 10:38 13 Feb 06

Already got a tick in that box, but no battery symbol or for that matter no mains power icon either.

Fateful Shadow 11:02 13 Feb 06

Try right clicking on the clock and going to propertes. Then, click on 'Customise' next to the 'Hide Inactive Icons' checkbox and see if the icon you're looking for is there. If it is, click on the 'Behavior' of the icon and a drop-down box should appear. Then click "Always Show"

That's all I can think of at the mo. Hope this helps :)

Jean-196853 09:23 25 Jun 06

Try this - it worked for me.

click here

melbo 09:19 06 Jan 07

I've had exactly the same problem on my Sony Vaio - the indicator was always there and now its gone. I have done all you said before but it still isn't showing, even though it says always show in the taskbar properties. Any ideas?!

Belatucadrus 12:41 06 Jan 07

click here for an alternate approach.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…