Battery Free Wireless Mouse.

olyman 15:20 21 May 07

Netto have a wireless mouse on sale which is powered from an RFID mouse pad which is in turn powered through the USB port. Has anyone any experience of this type of set up?
My existing mouse is supposed to charge batteries via the base station#'s USB. I am tired of having to charge batteries seperately as the USB port has insufficient power output to maintain the charge.

Technotiger 15:25 21 May 07

Hi, yes, I have one of those battery free meeces.
It is very good, comes with its own mouse 'mat' which plugs into the usb port.

Technotiger 15:26 21 May 07

PS, it only works with its own mat, will not work on any other surface because it gets its power via the usb mat.

Technotiger 15:27 21 May 07

Mine is from click here

Technotiger 15:29 21 May 07

Battery Free Meeces ... click here

olyman 16:01 21 May 07

Thanks Technotiger. I'll invest £9.99 on the strength of your recommendation!
I'll have to make do with less buttons but as I can never remember what they all do that might be a blessing.
I hadn't come acroos this type before but have since found a review of an A4Tech mouse such as yours.

Technotiger 16:43 21 May 07

OK, as I said, a very good little meece. I certainly recommend it - having said that, mine is in a cupboard! I am using a rather more expensive Dual Laser Cordless meece, it has a battery, but until the meece tells me it is getting low, I tend to forget about the battery, it lasts so long. Plus it works on just any surface at all - except Water :-)

Sapins 16:52 21 May 07

Will it work on Red wine? I seem to be spilling a lot lately;-)

Technotiger 17:04 21 May 07

Have you seen a meece on the wine, especially Red ... talk about erratic :-))

€dstowe 18:47 21 May 07

Wacom graphics tablets often come with a battery-free mouse. The tablet surface acts as the mouse mat as well as the graphics surface.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…