Batch programs for data backup

Diemmess 18:13 29 Dec 05

Having spent far too long messing about with half remembered DOS and various sites that say "how to do it" I came across a bounty of ready-made programs on the PCA download site

Which do other members use/recommend?

My OS is Win2000 and I want to backup on a regular basis selected basic data - docs, downloads and emails.
I'm happy to choose the source material, I just want to simplify the process.

System backup is well covered already.

PaulB2005 18:16 29 Dec 05

click here

PaulB2005 18:17 29 Dec 05

You can also make desktop icons to make the process a "one (double) click porcess"....

Diemmess 18:27 29 Dec 05

You have probably hit what I wanted - first try!
In deference to the old saying about 'there are more ways than one to kill a cat' ...
I dont want moggicide, but will leave this thread unresolved for a bit longer and see what else turns up?

PaulB2005 18:31 29 Dec 05

I have one batch set up to backup data to my second hard drive and another to copy that to my USB drive.

The inital copy can take time to complete but as it only copies over what's changed each time it's quicker on subsiquent runs.

The desktop icon means i can backup in 2 seconds before shutting down for the night.

Diemmess 10:13 30 Dec 05

Have run the thing this morning and it seems exactly what I wanted, including extras I scarcely knew I needed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…