Batch Photo Size Changing.

Bagsey 15:47 24 Jun 04

I am using Paintshop Pro 7 and would appreciate anyone who knows the secret of batch size changing in this program. I want to be able to reduce the size of large numbers of photos for putting onto a web site. I have developed a reasonable work around but it is a bit cumbersome and I am hopefull that there should be an easier , more direct method, more along the lines of the system for batch changing file types. But I cant find it. Any help please.

johnnyrocker 16:01 24 Jun 04

click here?

johnny.

Pesala 16:59 24 Jun 04
  Simsy 17:32 24 Jun 04

and discovered it can't be done in PSP...

Irfanview is the tool for the job! it does it easily and quickly!

Regards,

Simsy

Bagsey 17:54 24 Jun 04

It is obvious that I will have to download Irfanview. because as a Yorkshireman the idea of spending money on ungrading PSP7 to 8 is a none starter. Thanks for your help and interest.

hssutton 18:01 24 Jun 04

Before bothering with Irfanview have a look at this freeware image resizer, simple, quick and very small download

hssutton 18:02 24 Jun 04

The link would be a good idea click here

Bagsey 17:14 12 Jul 04

After taking your advice I downloaded Irfanview
and after much scratching of the hair managed to make it do a batch resize but not without a few glitches. Thank goodness that I was working with dummy folders or I would have lost a lot of photos. But it is a good powerful piece of kit.
I have today taken hssutton's suggestion and downloaded the resizer from his link. It is perfect for what I need. It does a resize of a large folder of photos in seconds with no fuss or bother. Thanks for that link.

Pamy 18:38 13 Jul 04

Hi Bagsey,
I too downloaded resizer from hssutton`s link, but unlike you I do not understand how to use it. Could you please explain it to me?
It goes through a process of resizing a folder and thats it, so where is my resized folder now?

I have looked at my original folder and it is still the same.

Pamy

roy 18:46 13 Jul 04

Pamy

I haven't downloaded or used this programme but I read the following warning on the webpage:

Please ensure you specify different source and destination paths when using this program, so you can revert to the original images if you change your mind.

It seemes that you should specify the path you wish to use for your resized pictures. Perhaps you didn't do this?

Pamy 18:58 13 Jul 04

Roy, yes I think you are correct, I will try again. Many thank.
Pamy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…