Batch File to Change Screen Colours

bobfair 23:51 20 May 04

Can anyone suggest how to write a batch file for a programme needing 256 colours in order to run, and then revert back to 32-bit colour when the program ends? I am running 98SE and 2000. I know I have seen this written up before, but I cannot find how to do it anywhere, nor the commands to switch back and forth between 256 colours and other colour settings. Many thanks in advance.

Eric10 09:00 21 May 04

I think you use the MODE command and must also have ANSI.SYS loaded from your config.sys file for it to work. In Windows 98 ANSI.SYS is in the Windows\Command folder so the line to load this would read: DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ANSI.SYS (assuming Win98 is on your C drive). The following link shows the syntax for using the MODE command click here. I've never actually used it myself so I can't really tell you anything from experience but you can investigate other pages of the site from the links on the page.

bobfair 22:54 24 May 04

Hi, I am still looking for a way to change screen colours via a batch file. Can anyone suggest how to write a batch file for a programme needing 256 colours in order to run, and then revert back to 32-bit colour when the program ends? I am running 98SE and 2000. I know I have seen this written up before, but I cannot find how to do it anywhere, nor the commands to switch back and forth between 256 colours and other colour settings. Many thanks in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…