bass and treble

frasernet 00:56 07 Jun 03

today i bought a new speaker system with sub woofer. nice sound for playing mp3 etc. but my windows sounds are dreadful, no 'top' end if you know what i mean. what i want to do is adjust the bass and treble but the speakers only have volume control. when i go to the advanced part of my volume controller in windows, bass etc. is blanked out,, ok. so my soundcard doesn't support the adjustment of bass and treble, but is there a free software i could use to change my over-all system sounds bass etc.? i am running windows xp home. thanks in advance.

faichfolds 00:58 07 Jun 03

I think there's one called Winamp

frasernet 01:01 07 Jun 03

no, i have winamp but that will only help with my mp3 playback. i want to alter ALL my sounds, almost as if i actually had bass and treble nobs.

faichfolds 01:24 07 Jun 03

Possibly your solution maybe a sound card that supports b&t adjustment

Djohn 01:34 07 Jun 03

When you go into your sound controls, instead of "Advanced" try clicking properties from the file menu.

This will open another window with several little boxes in there. Place a tick in each one, then click back out and try advanced again. This may give you access to your bass/treble controls. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…