basic start up problems.

inapot69 08:16 25 Nov 06

hello again
thanks for the help in the previous discussion
now can you help again with some very basic probs....i know i am a technophobe and know nothing...der!
since reinstalling a new (official )xp home edition i slowly started to reinstall different software...
but my @ symbol is where my " symbol should be and vice versa...also i have no sound ...
if i look in my control panel it says there is no audio device i have cambridge speakers 5.1
please some one help its doin my head in

birdface 08:31 25 Nov 06

For keyboard try, Control panel, Reginal and language, Make sure it is English UK, That is showing, And not English US,Think that is how you do it,

birdface 08:43 25 Nov 06

If it is not the control panel one that works, Try, Tools, Internet Options, Down at the bottom press languages,Make sure its English UK that is in there, One of them should get your keyboard working properly,As for your sound I am not sure, Will leave that for someone else to advise you.

VoG II 08:49 25 Nov 06

In Regional and Language Options you need to look on the Languages tab, Details button and set keyboard to United Kingdom.

inapot69 10:29 25 Nov 06

many thanks for the keyboard help...sorted...
still probs with sound though...

birdface 10:32 25 Nov 06

bump

VoG II 10:33 25 Nov 06

Have you loaded the drivers for your sound card?

inapot69 10:47 25 Nov 06

sort of done it....dont laugh
i have booted from the old (2nd) drive....
this has all the settings from previously on it
not sure what was wrong with other drive....probably something i have done...
but it was running oh so slowly..took 25 mins to shut down
but seems ok from this drive..
just use new one for storage...
thanks all once again
i tell everyone about this site if they have probs....
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…