a basic question

Newbolt 15:00 04 Jun 05

Hello

My daughter has just returned from uni with her desktop and laptop. We want to set up a wireless network and have Tiscali broadband on the computer already in the house. All three are computers running XP home. A couple of days ago I saw [and bought] a Belkin ADSL modem with wireles g router and wireless g USB adapter. There is a wireless card in the laptop. Do I need any other bits before starting this steep learning curve, please?

Nelmon2k 15:12 04 Jun 05

Nope, you shouldn't apart from a patch Cat5 cable for the original setup of the router but that should come with the router.

Nelmon2k 15:18 04 Jun 05

Oops. I may have made that sound too complicated. Yes thats all you need apart from the network cable that connects one of your computers to the router. Sorry

Newbolt 17:59 04 Jun 05

Nelmon2k - many thanks for your responses and sorry for the delay in replying - only just managed to turf my son off the computer. reassuring to know that at least I have all the bits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…