basic coding help please

mco 19:37 05 Dec 06

I'm trying to make pages just in html, my first effort. This works but the alt attribute doesn't appear online, Have I put it in the correct place in the code? Is there anything else I should be doing better here? Thanks
p> a href="franceintro.html"alt="flash game" target="blank"/a>A hoopshoot game to introduce France /p>

mco 19:38 05 Dec 06

it just doesn't show them

RicScott 20:17 05 Dec 06

Putting the 'ALT' tag at the end of the line and leave a space between the code....ie:

<P> <A HREF="franceintro.html" TARGET="BLANK" ALT="flash game" A hoopshoot game to introduce France </A></P>

RicScott 20:18 05 Dec 06

Place the > after the ALT tag..
<P> <A HREF="franceintro.html" TARGET="BLANK" ALT="flash game"> A hoopshoot game to introduce France </A></P>

Eric10 20:20 05 Dec 06

Try adding title="flash game" instead of alt. I think that alt only works with IE6. The enclosing single quotes are only there for the forum and aren't part of the code.

'<p><a href="franceintro.html" title="flash game" target="_blank" /a>A hoopshot game to introduce France</p>'

PurplePenny 22:35 05 Dec 06

works with all browsers. What you are thinking of is that only IE shows the alt text on mouseover. Alt text was only intended to be displayed/read when the graphic is not displayed so what the other browsers are doing is OK.

mco 23:54 05 Dec 06

I will try these alternatives in the morning rather than now as it approaches midnight!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…