Base Unit

I am looking for a base unit for around £500. I have been warned off Time,so can anybody reccomend a unit? I have heard good things about MESH and Multivision. They always seem to win awards.

graham√ 09:21 17 Jun 03

ConsumerWatch?

Lú-tzé 10:18 17 Jun 03

There is a very good machine in toys'r'us (don't laugh! - it's not fisherprice!) - a cybermaxx (ie medion) with PIV 2.33 ghz processor, win xp, dvd drive, cd-rw drive 512mb ddr and so on for £599 incl VAT. It's worth a look and for an extra £50 has a 2.66 ghz processor.

Agent Smith 13:34 17 Jun 03

I copied this link click here from an earlier posting, it's worth a look. Apologies to who ever provided the link as I can't remember who did it. I've book marked it for reference.

Newuser4491 14:19 17 Jun 03

I bought a MESH pc ages ago. It may have won an award, but their customer services won't. The PC never worked from the start. The support line fobbed me off with "its a software problem", ring the software line at &1 a minute or whatever. After 6 months of hassle, they finally collected the PC, tested it and agreed that it didn't work. It took the threat of legal action to achieve this though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…