Base unit

bigherman 08:26 13 Dec 06

Hello
Heres my problem the base unit of my desktop pc has failed. The monitor and all other peripherals are all working perfectly. Where can I get a new base unit ONLY which I can then connect up. I have found that all the major stores dont of course sell base units on there own and I have no intention buying a complete system where I will end up with extra monitor etc.
Any ideas?

xania 09:02 13 Dec 06

Here are a few I've found just by typing <PC Base unit> into Google

click here
click here
click here
click here

or why not simply rebuild your existing box. Have you found out what's failed - could you save yourself a lot of money by, for example, just replacing the Power Supply unit?

Diemmess 09:19 13 Dec 06

xania has a valid point. Can you describe what happens when you switch on?

It may be that the whole box of tricks is now aging and it is time for something shiny new.
If this is what you feel then please say so, or this thread may drift away from your first question.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:54 13 Dec 06

Go into PC World and buy any computer without the monitor. Ypu have to ask but you will save a lot and be up and running in an hour. This is by far the easiest way.

G

FatboySlim71 10:17 13 Dec 06

I recommend Evesham, I purchased just a base unit around 10 months ago, Evesham have just won an award from PC Pro Magazine for Best PC Service and Reliabilty beating Dell, Mesh and many others, and I can see why they won this award as IMO their PC's are top notch.

I went with the decision to purchase from Evesham as I have several friends and colleges who had purchased from Evesham and the told me that "The customer service and the PC's are top notch" I can highly recommend Evesham, If you go on to Eveshams site and click on the HOME OFFICE tab on the right hand side of the screen then click on DESKTOPS, and then you can configure your PC, more memory, bigger hard drive etc, you can also at this point select the peripherals that you want/don't want i.e monitor etc, this in turn brings the price down as well.

My cousin purchased a laptop from PC World and she made a point of asking will I get a Windows disk with it so that in the event of me having a operating system failure I would then be able to put the operating system back on to the laptop, the sales advisor said "You will get a recovery disk with it which will enable you to put the operating system back on" On getting home from the trip to PC World, she opened the box and there were no disks at all in the box, so she is a bit worried in case she has an operating system failure as she has no recovery disk, also she cannot get back to PC World as she lives 100 miles away and has no car, she purchased the laptop on a shopping spree when she went with friends. It could be of course a one off, but, it is a BIG over sight IMO if a system recovery disk is forgotten to be put in the box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…