base system

vmkwings 14:50 04 Dec 03

I have recently bought a base system which includes mother board cpu, fan , ddr ram and power supply. I have all the other bits in my old computor. will it simply be a case of putting my old hard drive with os (98millenium) in the new tower and turning on?

Lozzy 14:56 04 Dec 03

basically yes

vmkwings 15:01 04 Dec 03

thanks lozzy

Diemmess 15:04 04 Dec 03

Suggest leave all non essentials disconnected for the present except the HD.

As it boots, have the motherboard manual handy and go into the BIOS first. It pays to work right through the options, changing only those you are sure you need to change. Leave as default anything you are uncertain of.

Then as Windows comes up you will need the Motherboard CD to change the drivers which are different in this build. The main difference may be in USB handling, or in sound and video if they changed from onboard or are now integrated, when they were not before.

Finally connect CDROM and all the other bits and boot again. Your printer and CD burner should be OK, and any USB devices which you were using before.

Diemmess 15:06 04 Dec 03

Sorry, you will obviously need the CDROM at the beginning...........

vmkwings 13:57 05 Dec 03

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…