barring calls

mitsme 12:32 24 Sep 07

I wish to bar calls from a certain individual to my mobile. I have been successful doing this on my landline. Can anyone advise how I can do this on the mobile? I only want to bar one number as the calls are becoming nusiances.

Is it possible?

Si_L 12:34 24 Sep 07

Phone model and network?

mitsme 12:46 24 Sep 07

Was very tempted to answer ASL.

Mototola, Razar, O2. On contract.

Stuartli 12:54 24 Sep 07
  mitsme 13:03 24 Sep 07

Wasn't quite what I had in mind.

I just wan to bar one particular person/number. From that link you gave me it seems the only option is to bar all incoming calls.

Si_L 16:38 24 Sep 07

Talk to o2, they will probably be able to set it up for you.

Josie2805 16:51 24 Sep 07

Rang Three (work phone) & Orange (own phone) to ask about getting calls & text messages blocked from one particular number. They both told me it couldn't be done for an individual number, that's only a few months ago but they might be able to help you.

lisa02 17:05 24 Sep 07

On some handsets you can lock the phone down to just your phone book. If a caller that's not in your list calls it's automatically rejected by the phone. This is a handset feature and not a network one.

mitsme 21:38 24 Sep 07

I think I know what you mean, group calling?

I've read the handbook 'till I was dizzy. Still not sured howyo get it up & running.

lisa02 09:26 25 Sep 07

I think that's what it is called. A family member set it up as she was being bombarded by text message from one particular so'n'so. She deleted the person from her phone book and calls and texts stopped.

mitsme 18:14 26 Sep 07

Can you sen me some details about how they managed to set it up please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…