Bargainbuddy Malware

Mad Mick 22:30 12 Sep 06

Adaware shows this as malware but Ewido and A squared do not flag it up as a threat. Adaware removes it until the next bootup and then it comes back. The key in the registry refers to a Shockwave flash object as follows:-

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - click here. I have removed shockwave using remove software in Control Panel.

Any help in clearing this of my computer would be appreciated. System restore does not work, I get a message stating that the system cannot be restored.

Mad Mick 22:42 12 Sep 06

I have just read some of the posts on the thread where Vog informed us of the update to Adaware. It appears that there is a problem with this update and it shows a lot of false positives. I will close this thread and see if Lavasoft correct this problem on their next update. Night, night all!!

anskyber 22:42 12 Sep 06

Err... you should not post a link which goes direct to a download, particularly one you say (or AdAware says) is malware.

Mad Mick 22:47 12 Sep 06

Thanks for the tip anskyber. Your point is very valid and taken to heart.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced