Bare Bones Systems

mattzoomer 18:13 26 Jun 04

My computer blew up due to power surge and I sent it away via my insurance who replaced the entire system and gave a new copy of XP. I have bought sa bare bones system and was wondering if I can install Windows 98 and then upgrade with the discs I had from my old system. Do I need a Win 98 boot disc or what or is it matter of just putting the Win 98 disc in? I have also bought a graphics card and new sound card is it best to finish installing XP and then installing them or what? Any help much appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:14 26 Jun 04

If Bios is set to boot from cd then should be just a matter of run setup from CD

Otherwise enter Bios setup usally by pressing F2 on boot up advanced screen and set 1st boot device to cd 2nd to floppy 3rd to IDE0 save and exit (F10). then run setup from CD

Totally-braindead 20:20 26 Jun 04

Its fairly simple, if the winXP disk you have is an upgrade then you have to use win98 then XP on top, if its the full version then do as Fruit Bat says. Install XP, then the motherboard drivers and lastly graphics and sound then anything else like scanners or printers.

mattzoomer 00:12 27 Jun 04

Thankyou very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…